Accra, 11th December, 2012: Y 107.9 FM has announced nominees for the Loud in GH awards which is aimed at celebrating and recognizing deserving music artistes in Ghana and abroad. The awards will be part of the Loud in GH Concert due on December 22 at the Dome of the Accra International Conference Center. The categories include Come back Artistes of the Year, New Artiste of the Year, Female Act of the Year, Best Group, Male Act and Best GH Act Abroad. Two Honorary Awards would also be presented to two of Ghana’s biggest music icons on the same evening.
Here is the final nomination list;
Best Come back Artiste (Category Number 1)
Best New Artiste (Category Number 2)
Best Female Artiste (Category Number 3)
Best Group(Category number 4)
Ruff & Smooth
Best Male Artiste (Category Number 5)
Best Gh Act Abroad (Category number 6)
The awards will be based on 60% public with the remaining 40% left in the able hands of the Award’s committee
To vote for any of the nominees in the various categories, one needs to text the category number, leave a space and the name of the artiste to short code 1724 on Vodafone, MTN, Tigo, Glo, Expresso; or 1824 on Airtel. For Come back Artistes of the Year, the category number is 1; category number for New Artiste of the Year is 2; that for Female Act of the Year is 3; category number for Best Group is 4; Male Act is 5 and Best GH Act Abroad is 6. Voting closes on (date voting will end).
Explaining the rationale for the awards, Nana Kwame Osei Sarpong, station Manager of YFM said, ‘YFM wants to recognize Ghanaian artistes for their remarkable music prowess and contribution to enriching the music and entertainment scene in Ghana and abroad. These awards will further shine the light on superb musical talents of Ghanaian.
Nana Kwame added that this year’s ‘Loud in Gh’ concert is going to be bigger, as Yfm, together with its partners, have repackaged the Loud in GH concert from a one night event to a three day fun-packed event. Dubbed “All Stars Weekend’, activities lined up include a carnival and barbeque on 21st December, the LOUD in GH awards and musical concert on 22nd December, and a beach party on 23rd December to climax the three-day event.