Respected Ghanaian musician and presidential aspirant in the upcoming GIMPA SRC elections, Emmanuel Andrews Samini, has outlined his main and supplementary policies for the students of the institution should he win the advertised position.
Key among them is the establishment of the Onuapa SRC emergency trust fund through crowdfunding and partnership with corporations to support needy students with the payment of fees, businesses and other worthy emergency courses.
He also shares a number of supplementary policies including a deliberate effort to make the acquisition of passports and driver’s licenses less cumbersome for students.
Check out the full list of major and supplementary policies the presidential hopeful wishes to execute when voted into power.
- Establish the Onuapa SRC emergency trust fund through crowdfunding and partnership with corporations to support needy students with the payment of fees, businesses and other worthy emergency courses.
- Create an SRC help desk to assist students with the registration of courses, NSS registration, student loan registration and internship support program.
- Reviving the student shuttle service to lessen the transportation burdens back and forth GIMPA campus by acquiring a bus and through a partnership with other transport companies.
- Updating the SRC mobile application with student-friendly features.
- Renovation of the school’s sports facilities.
- Setting up business incubation avenues for students.
For his supplementary policies, Samini said he would;
- Provide student-friendly data sim cards for all students.
- Facilitate affordable hostels with good proximity to students.
- Less cumbersome passport and driving license acquisition for students.
- Facilitating affordable student foreign exchange programmes.
— SAMINI (@samini_dagaati) June 19, 2022
The GIMPA SRC elections are slated for Wednesday, June 22, 2022.